Join our team
Associate Director of Advertising
Location: Telecommuting available, ideally located in Chicago, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC
Position: Full-time position through November, could become permanent based on need
Apply here: email@example.com
We’re looking to hire for the role of Associate Director in our Advertising team.
Associate Directors are expected to help lead the advertising department, setting direction and best practices. They must run point on leading a book of clients, execute consistently excellent work, and manage and develop staffers at all levels. You would work alongside the Director of Advertising to run advertising programs that meet our award-winning standards and assist in meeting and exceeding department-level goals.
Ideal candidates will have significant advertising experience and a proven record of success with management, leadership, ad trafficking and strategy. This experience can be in the political, non-profit, or corporate space. Candidates should be able to demonstrate they are ready to take on leadership responsibilities while managing staff and a large book of work.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $90,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months.
- Act as the advertising lead for a significant number of large clients and work alongside other client leads, managers, and other departments to develop advertising strategies that maximize our clients’ online fundraising and engagement;
- Mentor and foster growth within a full team of employees and contribute to managing the Advertising department, including profitability, business, and staffing development.
- Lead on setting best practices for ad copy and developing innovative advertising strategies for clients;
- Use Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and other platforms to run ads;
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that helps improve our work product;
- Work with designers, email strategists, and third-parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary;
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client;
- Lead on client communications, producing professional reports and memos;
- Respond to topics in real-time by assisting in drafting ads in response to news stories that are breaking fast;
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients, fact check and proofread content before it goes out from a client;
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations to our clients based on best practices;
- Perform other duties as needed
- Proven success at the manager level or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing or executing advertising strategy
- An expert when it comes to using platforms like Facebook and Google Ads
- Experience using progressive tools (especially CRMs), such as ActBlue, Blue State Digital, Action Network, ActionKit, or NGP.
- Adept with Excel/Google Sheets
- Able to work extended hours when needed/for rapid response moments
- Eager to learn and self-educate
- Proven ability to not just work as part of a team but the ability to lead a team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to contribute new ideas or show initiative
- Excellent communication skills and time management;
- Committed to getting things right – pays close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
- Desire to build a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental;
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one;
- Flexible vacation and sick leave;
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies;
- Monthly phone reimbursement;
- Wellness benefits;
- Commuter benefits;
- Free life insurance plans.
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is ACI’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.