Join our team
Location: Washington, DC or Chicago, IL
Apply here: email@example.com
Authentic Campaigns is looking to hire a Creative Director.
Our Creative Director would be expected to manage a book of client work while managing staff and overseeing a department that is profitable. The director should be able to manage and make decisions based on department finances, bring in business, and grow the team while contributing to digital programs that meet our award-winning standards.
Ideal candidates will have significant experience with digital creative and a proven record of success with management and leadership.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months.
- Lead creative strategy and development for some of our largest clients
- Work with clients and/or other departments to develop digital strategies and content that meet our clients’ needs and maximize performance, then oversee the creation of creative assets that implement those strategies and objectives
- Mentor and foster growth within your team
- Manage profitability, new business, and staffing development for your department
- Develop innovative creative content for digital ads, social media, email, print, etc…
- Ensure all content is rooted in each client’s brand and that all work is unique to the client
- Be a leader within the firm, not just the creative department, by taking time to educate others, prioritizing the needs of employees on other teams, setting an example, etc…
- Partner with others at the firm to bring in business, create new business proposals/marketing materials, join pitches, etc…
- Create collaborative systems for the prioritization and assignment of creative projects and requests as well as any other processes the department needs to be organized and efficient
- Regularly work to innovate and expand products/services
- Perform other duties as needed
- Proven success managing employees and helping them grow
- Several years of experience developing creative assets (logos, illustrations, digital graphics, email templates, etc…), preferably in the political or advocacy space
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to successfully communicate feedback, advice, questions, value, etc… to employees, superiors, and clients on a regular basis
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Support for progressive values and commitment to building a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience with basic website development
- Experience coding in HTML/CSS
- Existing business/clients to bring to the firm and/or relevant industry contacts that may lead to new business opportunities or team growth
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental;
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one;
- Flexible vacation and sick leave;
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies;
- Monthly phone reimbursement;
- Wellness benefits;
- Commuter benefits;
- Free life insurance plans.
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is ACI’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.